Cancel Policies and Waived Fees
During these changing times for travel when we do not know what exactly is happening next, Donner Lake Village is providing flexibility for your bookings.
For new and existing reservations departing prior to November 20, 2020* we will allow the reservation to be changed or canceled at no charge up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Holiday travel dates (July 2-5, 2020) are 14 days for reservation to be changed or canceled at no charge.
We are taking reservations for occupancy to start June 12, 2020. This date can be a moving target with all the California travel rules so be assured we are flexible.
- Currently, reservations with departure dates after November 20, 2020 will be at standard Donner Lake Village cancellation policies. This date and associated policies are subject to change.
- Group reservations are subject to the terms of their specific contract cancel policy.
- For all reservations there are no refunds for no shows, late arrivals or early departure. There are refunds for early departures if it was a result of a federal, state or municipal order to "Stay at Home" at your primary residence.
Cleaning for Your Stay
We want to let you know, as we move forward, our reemergence will include additional diligent cleaning protocols. Prior to reopening, each Donner Lake Village room will be deep cleaned. After guests' departures, we will have additional safety steps that include stringent cleaning and disinfecting. We take our commitment to cleanliness and care very seriously and are working to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and staff.
We have researched the experts' most recommended and effective cleaning products against COVID-19 and have integrated these products in our cleaning. Additionally, we now have new, more stringent cleaning procedures to ensure a safe stay for owners and guests.
- Donner Lake Village is using a CDC/EPA List-N registered cleaning/disinfecting agent certified against COVID-19 in public space disinfecting, as well as general housekeeping and room disinfecting.
- A minimum of 48 hours will be required between stays to safeguard the protection of guests, as well as housekeepers. This allows extra time to implement additional and more thorough cleaning procedures and inspections.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added at high traffic points throughout the Donner Lake Village.
- We are utilizing hospital-grade disinfectants recommended by the CDC.
- Our housekeeping department is paying particular attention to disinfecting high touchpoints, including light switch panels, remote controls, table lamp switches, faucets and doorknobs.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning public spaces, including the Front Desk, stair rails, door handles, public bathrooms, and Kaba Door Locks.
- We have established social distance protocols and guidelines for safe and spacious check-ins and check-outs.
We are committed to providing the highest quality care for our guests. We will continue to monitor the latest guidance from federal, state and local officials on a regular basis and will update our information and protocols based on best and safest practices.